SPAC’s Annual Conference and Trade Show is coming! This January 23 -26 attend the largest school and sports photography event of the year at the South Point Hotel and Conference Center. I’m pleased to share that PSPConsulting will be there to help out. Mark will be presenting his message “Kaboom” on Friday, January 25. Join us as we discuss the changing competitive landscape, the impact of the Millennials and the emerging role of mobile technology in volume photography.
* First, we’ll look at Shutterfly’s acquisition of Lifetouch. Is this acquisition transformational? Shutterfly has mapped out a go-to-market strategy and expects to extend and monetize their reach to a new low-cost channel of millions of customers provided by Lifetouch.
* Second, a short history lesson. We’ll take a quick look at the evaporation of some of volume photography’s biggest brands and what we can learn from their experience.
* Third, what about the consumer and school pictures? What has mom been telling us about our product and is there more that we can do to stay relevant?
* Fourth, just who is the competition anyway and how does tradition fit in.
* Finally, we’ll take a look at the Power of New and determine if it has a role in school photography.